Professional Painting Tips
Paul Schubert Painting Inc. specializes in professional, quality paint jobs. From start to finish, we will do our best to work with your schedule to ensure your project is finished on time. Below are some good tips to remember when you’re planning to paint.
- Preparing the surface is the secret to a quality paint job. For exteriors, be sure to pressure wash all of the surfaces to remove mold and mildew. Sand all surfaces and scrape all loose paint before any painting has begun.
- Prime of bare or repaired areas is a key to a long-lasting paint job. We always include the use of appropriate surface primers.
- Protection of your shrubs, windows, roof, furniture and floor covering when painting your interior is so important. Nothing can ruin an otherwise nice paint job as easily as spills and messy job-site practices.
- When you are looking over color samples, try to view them outside. You will get a better idea of how they will look.
- If you have a large house, consider using a dark color. Large surfaces tend to make colors look lighter.
- Consider the color scheme of the interior of your home.
- Consider the color scheme of the exterior of your home.
- Consider the fact that very bright colors fade with time.
- Choose colors that don’t clash with the homes of your neighbors. Try to avoid colors that contrast too much. Stick with colors that are related.
- Before spending your money on a huge amount of paint, buy quarts and paint a small area of your home to see how it will look.